A key component in order to improve the battery life of your Orbit 3 or Orbit K is to ensure that you have configured your sensors to transmit according to your requirements.
The lifetime various according to the setup you have chosen, related to;
1) frequency of transmission interval
2) measurement interval
The more frequent, the faster the battery will deplete.
So, it is very important that you choose the right setup for your use-case. There is no need to have data transmission every 10 min. in most cases every hour or every second hour will suffice. And in terms of battery life, this will be the difference from six-eight months to 2-4 year lifetime (expected).
You can change the transmission and measurement interval in the Sensohive App.
Examples on battery optimization of the Orbit 3
- Measurements every 15 minutes
- Change the transmission interval to every 1 hour
- Change the measurement interval to every 15 minutes
- Measurements every 1 hour
- Change the transmission interval to every 3 hours
- Change the measurement interval to every 1 hour
- Measurements every 3 hours
- Change the transmission interval to every 12 hours
- Change the measurement interval to every 3 hours